Thursday, December 20, 2012

Balboa Park a great day out

Hello and Welcome.



For my birthday my lovely Lee took me to Sea World, where we had a great time. We were a little disappointed with the shows but we enjoyed the wildlife, rides and each others company.

The following day I took her somewhere she's never been - Balboa Park. She's been to the zoo but she didn't realize the zoo was just a portion of the park area. We walked through an art bazaar, the international block, many gardens and past all the museums (yes past them, unlike Paris they don't really have a good passport price structure.) I think someone failed at math when it came to their pricing structure. The museums we wanted to go through cost $6 per adult. The park sells passports for $39 which is good for 5 museums. So I can pay $39 for 5 museums or $6 per museum individually and spend $30 total. Now we didn't check the price of every museum, only the ones we were interested in. Not sure where the savings were.

We finished in the beautiful Inez Grant Memorial rose garden and the Desert garden to the east of the park. I believe the park has 14 gardens.

If you're into gardens, museums, people watching, art and photoging, plan a day at Balboa Park with someone special. It will not disappoint. You can spend the day there and not spend a dime, not including museums. Parking is free.

Attached are some of my images from our day at the park.










You probably can't see her but the Lovely Lee is in this photo. 






Do you see it?











 








No comments:

Post a Comment