Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gone to the birds. - 137

Hello and Welcome.

Day 137 of my 365 Day, give or take, photography journey.

Today, I had a great time preparing my mini bird sanctuary.

My original provisions were starting to impair my ability to photograph the birds that visited our yard. Water and grass tend to like each other. The grass was growing tall around my photography area and the water was getting too grassy to please the birds.

So after my chores, I started to build a new sanctuary. One aimed at pleasing all passers by, passing birds that is.

First the water source: Shallow dish among an aesthetically pleasing background, free of over growth and water contaminants.


A nice or sorta nice porcelain dish a top some riverbed rocks with a dripping hose. Perfect!!! And a dish of wild bird seed positioned on a stump.

Not a couple minutes later.


A white crowned sparrow came to visit.

But I wasn't done yet.


I set up a suet board for the chickadee's and nuthatches, along with a sunflower feeder for the finches.

I have provisions for a hummingbird feeder and a thistle feeder ready to go up tomorrow or so.

Hopefully in the next couple days I'll have a variety of birds to show you.

Make a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment