Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'd like you to say hello to my little friend

Help!!! What should I name my new Lizard friend???

What's my name?
He's daddy or mommy drown in a bucket last year. I say his daddy/mommy, because the kids and I, when they were little, went lizard hunting in a little creek bed around the Owens Ranch area, so many many years ago, where we caught 3 or 4 lizards and brought them home to add to our homestead. They are safe bug control as well. We watched them grow to become very large lizards. Last year I found one of the original lizards floating in a flower pot that had filled with water. I do assume it was an original because it was a large blue bellied monster. He must have been 9-10 years old. I was very sad. I pulled him out thinking maybe he went into hibernation, but after two days in the sun he still didn't move. But lately I've been seeing and hearing in the bushes a little lizard. I've tried to catch him on film but he's been shy, that is until today. I think I was able to capture him, with my camera, today because of the cold morning and him not being quite warmed up yet. He let me remove some lint from one of his hind legs. (See the lint below)He let me stage a chair or two out of his way as well. He was a most cooperative subject. I was also concerned he may have had a left front leg injury but he didn't. He just stopped in that position. After over 500 photos with different settings, angles and indented knees, he decided to move along. I've been seeing a road runner around lately. I do hope my friend here manages to avoid my road runner friend.



I've been trying to think of a name for my new lizard friend all day with no success. Larry the lounge lizard has been taken. What should I call him?


No comments:

Post a Comment