Friday, April 20, 2012

From wood to metal

What a busy day.

My first 8.5 x 11

 I only have enough frame clamps to make one frame at a time. So I glue and clamp a frame, then move on to the next item on my hit list. Today's next item is to finish sizing Kayla's thumb ring.
The sized ring.

The ring started as a 1964 Silver Half Dollar.

1964 Kennedy Half Dollar (Cost $12)
I take the coin and start hammering the edge of the coin, spinning and rotating it as I go. You'll notice a score mark on the coin. I was testing the softness of the coin for future engraving.

I have special plans for this piece so I'll not talk about it anymore until I've finished it and given it to my Lovely Daughter-n-Law Kayla. With the ring sized I'm off to my next project, the office.

What is it about work spaces that just get more and more cluttered as days go by? I realize I'm not relating to everyone, but those like me understand. We're the type that thinks we should leave the tool we just used right there on our work space because we might need it again. Fifteen tools, four diversions and two days later, we can't see our work space anymore. I submit exhibit A:

Before
After
I know it's sad. I'm so bad. This was my third project of the day. I was also working some photo's while I was cleaning. After a table addition, some organization, sweeping and mopping. I've discovered my work space again.


While creating this entry I've had the opportunity to use the "Cloud" to transfer photos from my iPhone to my computer. It's amazing. All I do is take my pictures with the iPhone, sit down at my desk and like magic they're sitting in a folder under my pictures directory. If only my Nikon D90 would do that. It's great technology.

My room got me in a cleaning mode so I burned the remainder of my energies on the infamous catch all drawer that everyone but the truly sick have. It's amazing the things you rediscover in the process, like the six finger nail clippers I've purchased because I couldn't find any. Does that make me a hoarder?

Well my lovely fiance is on her way home, talk with you later.









No comments:

Post a Comment