Thursday, August 30, 2012

Blue Moon - 77

Hello and Welcome

Day 77 of my 365 day Photography Journey.

The Blue as seen below doesn't exist.


I posted this on Facebook to see who would comment on the blue moon. I received two comments from family, with only one stating it wasn't that color at her place. It made me laugh. Why? Well, the moon, as seen above, doesn't exist this color anywhere else other then the mind of a man who can manipulate photos. I took the photo tonight but changed it's color some and posted it.

A "Blue Moon," is the second full moon that occurs in one month. If you didn't know the term "Once in a blue moon," is used because blue moons don't happen very often. My mom use to say she'd get around to it at the next Blue Moon. The next blue moon won't happen until July 31, 2015.

There is some controversy over the term "Blue Moon." The Farmer's Almanac defines it as the third full moon in a four full moon season, i.e. winter, summer, fall, spring. Blue Moon Lore

Make a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment