Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Field - 75

Hello and Welcome.

Day 75 of my 365 Day Photography Journey.

The Field.

The Field

It's not a beautiful meadow, a well manicured park, it's just a typical desert field but don't tell Prince this. Every morning, evening, after our run, when I drive home or when I'm leaving, Prince stands at the gate waiting for the command. "Go!!!"


Prince with a ball in his mouth coming back from "The Field."
Normally, Prince hits the field at full speed looking for a resting bunny, cat or bird to chase out of his field. Don't worry no, and I repeat no, bunny, cat or bird has ever been hurt by this wonderful dog. He's chased and chased but to no avail. It's about the chase. Now that I think about it, I believe it's always been about the chase. I'm not sure he'd know what to do it he ever caught one.

The entry to the field.
Prince is going on 5 years old in November and I don't remember the first day he took off into the field. I don't remember how it even became an event.

As I'd walk to the gate for whatever reason, Prince would be there thinking it's field time. He'll sit or stand at the entrance and look at me, beg a little or a lot in hope's of me saying that magic word. "Go!" I try to let him go if I have time to wait for him to make his 3-4 minute field pass, but sometimes he just doesn't get to, "Go!"


Prince and the ball, after a 2.5 miles run/walk, 1 field pass and 3 field ball chases. He's tired.

He's a great dog!!! Or as they say in "Snatch," Dag! D'ya like dags?

Make a great day, it may be your last.

No comments:

Post a Comment