Friday, June 22, 2012

Textures

Hello!

Day 6 of my 365 day photography journey

80 mm, f/8, 400, 1/8 sec
I was reading about textures and thought I would share a little study I did about textures. Images should make you want to scratch or smell and feel real things sometimes. Images with texture should remind you of the sensation you'd have with the subject. A picture of a cold beer with droplets of water running down the side should invoke images of coolness and refreshing. Images of a coarse brick should remind you of a chalky dry sand paper like surface. Well that is my goal here today. Create images that give you a sense of texture.

106 mm, f 11, 1/6 sec, ISO 400
This is an old Rope Pulley from many many years back, above. To the right here is some of the rope from the pulley. Below are images of a brick fascia and a tree. I hope you felt what I was trying to convey.

40mm, 1/640 sec, f5, ISO 200
105mm, f 10, 1/640, ISO 200
105mm, 1/640 sec, f 5.6, ISO 200

105mm, 1/4 sec, f9, ISO 200
It's my hope that you look at this rope and think, "I'm not handling that without wearing gloves."

I hope you enjoyed my little study. Make a Great Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment