Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hunting Birds with the Camera

Hello!

Day 7 of my 365 day photography journey

I went to bed at 1AM this morning and Lee's alarm went off at 5AM. It was a short rest. I got up and packed my gear for a trip to Hesperia Lake to catch the sunrise over the lake and capture some birds.

The sun rose as usual but I didn't capture anything that great as for as the sunrise goes.


I did capture this thing. Not sure what this is a product of, but I'm sure it's mother loves it.


Don't you just love the stance of this Night Heron? Shoulders hunched, head dropped low. You can almost hear the sinister laugh as you look at this.

This Grackle and the Night Heron didn't mind sharing space this morning, but the Grackle sure was talking up a storm.



This duck just seemed to blend in with it's background, but it was very poetic somehow. I liked the photo.



>This is a Mourning dove. I always thought it was a "Morning dove" till Lee said it sounds like it's mourning and I thought you called it that because of it's mourning. I'd always seen them in the morning so I thought they were morning doves. Learn something new.


I watched this hawk dive on several birds to no avail. It was eventually chased off by some of the same birds it tried to kill.


Apart from a mug full of ants that I found later, in my coffee mug, this was the last thing I saw at Hesperia lake. The Ash-Throated Flycatcher.

Make a great Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment