Sunday, July 1, 2012

Youth and Old Places, well California Old

Hello,

Day 15 of my 365 day photography journey

It's been beautiful down here in Los Angeles weather wise. I think the biggest difference between city's like LA and say Paris is the cleanliness of the shops and streets. LA doesn't clean like Paris and San Francisco, in my opinion. So many wonderful buildings and shops but filthy windows and entry ways. It's a shame.

In spite of the lack of cleanliness, we've definitely been enjoying revisiting old parts of LA like Olvera, China Town, Korea Town, Wilshire, Hollywood, and Century City.

This first picture is the reason we are down here. This is the anime crew getting ready to head down to the expo. Good thing we got the extra large bathroom!!


We've dropped everyone off and it's time to hit Olvera Street for some delicious taquitos. Ahh, just like I remember. So crispy and so good covered in a guacamole tomatillo sauce. 


Yum! Taquitos!!!






Lee and I both agree the street seemed bigger when we were kids! Weird!

Off to Union Station.


























That's all I have to say about that!

Off to China Town. We thought we picked the best day to go to China Town on accident, because it looked they were having a parade. We were all excited. Wrong!!! They were having a protest. Oh boy.


 It turned out to be a Walmart bashing parade. 99% of the signs just bashed Walmart, 1% of the signs said no Walmart in Chinatown, which is kinda ironic because everything in Walmart comes from China. Well this is probably the place to voice my opinion on the whole corporation versus the "lowly worker bee," but I'll do it some other time.

These guys thought it was a parade as well, until they showed up. Someone went up to them and said, "Dude this is a protest march not a celebration parade." Then they said to each other with a shrug of the shoulders, "Well, we're here and dressed up. Lets just stay." I for one was glad they did.

 After the parade, I mean protest, went through Chinatown was pretty dead.

It's the year of the water dragon, my year. It's my lucky year!! Woot! These painted cross walks are pretty cool.

Make a Great Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment