Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Joy of Cooking


Hello and Welcome!

Day 37 of my 365 Day Photography Journey
"Marion Rombauer Becker, Ethan Becker, Irma Rombauer wrote the book, The Joy of Cooking, and they couldn't have titled it any better.


Maybe it goes back to my love of creating but cooking food for others really gives me a wonderful sense of satisfaction. Watching their faces as they dig in, the comments and the moans of enjoyment, is the best feeling. We have to eat, right? Why not make it healthy and enjoyable? Okay more healthy then fast food.

The aromas that start filling the house. It's obvious to everyone, somethings in the creation process. Their stomachs start to growl, their mouth starts to water and they are checking my progress regularly. "Do you need anything sampled?" I usually beat them to it. "Would you tell me how this is coming along?" As I raise the spoon to their lips.
I really like using fresh herbs. Fresh herbs add some much to a dish. I've bought them fresh at the store but they're so expensive. I finally got smart and planted some. You can read about it in an earlier blog.

This is the original pot of herbs. I didn't think this would make it through the season, so I decided to expand my herb garden and planted seeds. I was surprised to see how fast they sprouted. See the images below.
This night I made spaghetti with a turkey meat sauce, caramelized onions, mushrooms, chopped zucchini, fresh parsley, garlic, thyme and sage, all on a bed of whole wheat pasta, yum. We picked up a fresh french loaf. I put butter, fresh parsley and grated Parmesan  on it. We were so hungry we didn't stop to take photos of the finished product, which makes me chuckle. Oh well, maybe next time.

Tell someone you love them and cook for them!

Make a great day?


Baby Dill Plants
Parsley
Baby Chives - Lee says, chives are an excuse to have a baked potato. I have to agree.




No comments:

Post a Comment