Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The feel of a pen in hand

Hello and Welcome.

Day 36 of my 365 Day Photography Journey.

For those new to my blog, I may have photographic images at the center of my blog or just my thoughts (which will still have an image of mine). Either way I hope you enjoy your time here.


I love to write. I don't mean write as a writer would sit down to create a novel, but write for the sack of writing and looking at my thoughts on paper. Grabbing a pen, in this case an ink well pen, and some paper and writing. It's not like writing on the PC for writing's sake, it's about holding the pen and applying ink to paper. It's great therapy, helps me stay creative and helps me remember things I want to remember.

I carry the notebook above, with me everywhere. I like to keep it close in case a brilliant idea pops into my head. Lately, it's been used for blog ideas.

Using the calligraphy pen has the bonus of a artistic touch to my thoughts. Calligraphy comes from two Greek words meaning beauty and write. I've been using a calligraphy pen for about 20 years now.

When I sit at the computer to write I find myself searching the web for this and that, finding focus difficult to come by. Sitting with only my pen and paper keeps me focused, if not careful I could write for hours about the things going on in my head. I know it's a scary thought. Writing in this manor fills a creative need as well.
I enjoy creating things. Each letter, word, sentence and page is a thing created. It's just a bonus if someone else enjoys it as I do.

Make a great day or at least write about what you think a great day would be. It might be the beginning of a new journey for you. Put it to pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment